CREATING A SAFE WORLD WITHIN RETREAT 2023
Retreat Information for Guests
Step away from the stresses of everyday life, connect with yourself and others, and rejuvenate in a warm and supportive environment. Create lasting friendships in a caring and non-judgmental retreat.
What to expect
May is a lovely time of year here in the Northern Rivers.Temperatures range from low to mid 20s during the day and typically get down to between 14-18 degrees at night. We might see some rain but fingers crossed we will also get some lovely Autumn sun. Sattva Sanctuary is located on a private property in nature with giant gums and views of the mountain ranges. Each cabin has it’s own personal deck and will excitingly have just been fitted out with a brand new ensuite bathroom including private shower. The glamping tents have a view of the mountains and are spacious 4x4m deluxe bell tents, fitted with double height queen size air mattresses, floor mats, chair, side table, lantern and bedding. Glamping guests have access to two composting toilets very close by, an outdoor shower near the cabins 50m away and one indoor toilet and shower 150m away. The large yoga shala is filled with everything you need to be comfy during meditation and workshops, including yoga mats, blankets, bolsters, meditation cushions, blocks and chairs if needed.
What to bring
- We recommend you bring a mixture of lightweight and warm, comfortable yoga clothing, layers are best, light shoes / sandals, walking shoes, swimwear (if you are game to try the living pool), sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen, toiletries, first aid kit, insect repellent, torch, water bottle, light raincoat.
- Hot water bottle / heatbag optional (recommended if glamping to stay warm and cosy).
- Any medications you require.
What is provided
- Linen and blankets
- Heater in cabins
- All meals, welcome platter, full range of herbal tea always available
- The option to add a massage is available to guests, please book your massage here.
Things to be mindful of
- Please do not wear strong perfume as it might impact other guests.
- The phone reception at Sattva is fine if you need to make a call, however you might prefer to use this time to take a break from technology.
- There is a local cafe ‘Teakwood Cafe’ that opens from 8am-2pm Friday-Sunday (closed Monday) if you need a coffee hit. It is a ten minute walk from the property or a two minute drive.
- Retreat participants are expected to be vegetarian and cigarette, drug and alcohol free during the retreat.
- The retreat schedule is completely flexible. Although we encourage you to immerse yourself in the retreat experience and join in the sessions, you are free to join in as much or as little as you prefer.
- Morning yoga with Ross on Saturday and Sunday will be a gentle practice that takes into consideration all guest’s differing levels of fitness and flexibility.
- Each afternoon after lunch is free from 1pm-4:30pm. During this time you may like to go for a nearby walk, read a book, have a massage, spend time with other guests, journal or just relax. As the schedule is flexible you can create your own free time during the retreat at other times if you feel this is what you need.
- Please note that check out from your accommodation is by 10am and from the property is by 11am Monday 8th May.