Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Home Forums Community Connect Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Participant

Hi everyone I’m Jenny Grinlinton and I live at Long Beach, South Coast NSW near Batemans Bay. I’m retired and living the dream at the coast. I have three children and 4 grandchildren who I love and adore. My eldest daughter lives in Melbourne with my grandson, my second daughter and son-in-law and 2 granddaughters in Collector NSW and my Son, daughter-in-law in Creswick VIC. I am a social person, usually out and about most days (pre-covid) playing bridge, golf, tai chi, line dancing or going to the movies, and I am passionate about travelling in Australia and overseas. I also enjoy kayaking, fishing and being in or near water and camping.

I love to dabble in many different forms of art and am a jacks of all trades master of none – but enjoy trying – painting, sculpting, patchwork, quilting, counted cross stitch, writing, reading, gardening have been filling the gaps now life is much smaller – I walk most days with a friend and play golf once or twice a week for exercise, garden and occasionally go fishing with another friend. My sewing machine is overworked and my garden has never looked better.

During summer I evacuated 4 times due to the fires in the region and anxiety was a fairly constant companion. Now again with the coronavirus I found myself back on a roller coaster of anxiety worrying about family and friends in VIC and aged parents in QLD – none of which helps me or them. So I put out to the universe that I wanted to find an online daily meditation and Emily appeared through Medibank Facebook page in April and I have been connecting in as much as possible since – I love these meditations they help so much. The things that I most need to hear keep popping up in the meditation practices.

Thank you Emily for building this wonderful website and providing a platform that is easy to access and allowing us to connect as a community with a library of wonderful meditations.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarJennifer Grinlinton. Reason: Trying to work out how to add a photo